LB Parties- Sleeping Beauty's Enchanted Forest 💗💙💚🌲🌳✨

Welcome to another LEMON BABY PARTY!!! This time we are going to be taking a look at my daughter's 3rd Birthday- her Sleeping Beauty Enchanted Forest birthday party. 💗💙💚🌲🌳✨


Sleeping Beauty has always been my FAVORITE Disney Princess! And it took me a long time to realize why I loved it so much. It is because I love the Three Good Fairies! They remind me of my grandma and it gives me such comfort to watch them now that she has passed on. My favorite scenes in the movie are when Briar Rose and her "aunts" are living deep in the forest, in the Woodcutter's Cottage.


I loved the scenes where Briar Rose is dancing and singing to her animal friends 🐦🐰🦉.


I love, Love, LOVED the scenes where the Three Good Fairies are trying to prepare for her birthday 🎂👗.


And I LOVED!!!!! the scene where they fight 🎀💙!


So, when my daughter's third birthday rolled around and I realized that it was time for her Sleeping Beauty birthday, I knew we had to make the birthday based on this theme! Here were my color pallets for the party.




My first point of inspiration (and my very favorite) was this adorable Little Golden Book- Sleeping Beauty and the Good Fairies






Here were some of the other images and artwork that inspired me. They are done by various artists (some for Disney and others just as fan-art), but I really tried to be inspired by what Briar Rose's childhood would have been like.

Source

Source
Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source
Source


Source
Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source
Source
Source

Source

Source

Source

I spent months scouring websites trying to find these stuffed animals (owl, rabbit in boot, Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather). They are rare and can be expensive (since they were released in 2014, and I had this party in 2017).




I made the little "Briar Rose Peasant" costume, because I couldn't find anything that I liked at the time, using black and a purply/gray tulle and made a tutu, and a peter-pan collar shirt from GAP, with a black felt cutout for the bodice. I bought these little Mini Melissa owl shoes in gray from Amazon.






I purchased these pink and blue gowns from Amazon, and added extra pink and blue tulle to the skirts to make them fuller, bought these cute Mini Melissa shoes off of Amazon and made a crown and necklace from fold felt.










Now, on to the party!


I had the background made by a friend who owned a banner company using artwork from the movie. I really wanted to create the feeling of being inside the forest. I had a moss runner and wood accents (a stump my dad had "made" in high school and wooden cake platters.

* Before kids got there *
* After kids got there and started eating AND I had put on the candles *


My daughter and a couple of her little friends helped make the " Make It Pink/Blue!" cupcakes before everyone arrived (another test on my OCD 😳) and they had such a good time! They were again the signature rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting that had been dyed.


We had "wood slices" (aka Nutter Butters) and "Forrest Branches"  (aka chocolate covered pretzels) from outside the Woodcutter's cottage.




We had "Squirrel Acorns" (aka donut holes covered in chocolate and sprinkles with a pretzel stick in them) for our Squirrel friends.




We had "Merryweather's Berries" (aka Kellogg's Fruity Snacks) and "Flora's Strawberries" (I know I'm not that creative) with "Fauna's Magical Fruit Dip"



We had "Dragon Scales" (aka tortilla chips) and "Maleficent's Spinach Dip" (again, I know I am super clever), as well as "Rabbit Food" (aka veggies and ranch dip in cups), and lollipops that matched the cake.


Also, I have THE BEST recipe for Spinach Dip, and here it is:


And then there was the cake...and broom....😳😳😳🎂🧹



This cake was easy and yet incredibly difficult to put together (almost gave me a nervous breakdown the night before the party).



I made an ENORMOUS amount of Rice Krispies, put them in cake pans for the cake (so that they were the right shape), and formed the rest into the broom. I made homemade marshmallow fondant, dyed it, and used it to decorate the cake layers and the broom. I then brushed the broom with additional food coloring to give it the right strokes for the bristles. I tried to have the cake "leaning" on the broom, but the broom wasn't strong enough to stand up on the bristles and fell over (opposite of the movie), so I ended up having it lay next to the cake (part that gave me a nervous breakdown bc I was so excited about it). I also wish I had, had more time to work on adding more decorations to the cake, but that's okay.



Other than the broom being a minor disappointment, we had the best time at her party!
We had a table that had "Fairy Berry Water" (aka frozen berries in water) in a pumpkin and owl dispenser, plates and cups in shades of pink and blue on a blue table cloth, mossy rocks that held up a phone that was playing the soundtrack from the movie (I know, pretty ghetto haha) and tied in our "forest" theme, golden forks, and a little squirrel friend.





We had a little playhouse in our backyard that was the perfect little "woodcutter's cottage" for the kids to play in.



We set up just a flat table on the ground (covered with pink plastic table cloth) with pumpkins to paint in pink or blue (used acrylic non-toxic paint) and play-doh in pink, green, and blue to go along with the colors of the fairies.



The kids also played "Pin the tail on the rabbit" with a glitter poster we had an image of the bunny from the movie printed on and cotton balls with a little tape on them for the tail.



We also played "spinning wheel toss" with our "last-minute spinning wheel substitute" (aka-paper towel holders) and glow stick necklaces in blue, green, and pink as the rings. I had gotten sick the week of the party, so a lot of details fell through the cracks, but the kids had a great time!




And finally, for the party favors at the end of the party, we had gummy worms for "birdie treats" from the movie, along with the owl to say goodbye.



And that was the end of our Sleeping Beauty Party! Hope you all enjoyed!

Comments

Popular Posts