LB Parties- "Under The Sea" Little Mermaid Birthday Party 🐠🐟🦀🦑🧜‍♀️🥽

It's that time again for another- LEMON BABY PARTY!!! Today we are going to be showcasing my daughter's 4th birthday- her "Under The Sea" Little Mermaid Birthday Bash! 🐠🐟🦀🦑🧜‍♀️🥽.



My inspiration for this party came from the "Under The Sea" scene in the movie where Sebastian is singing to Ariel. I love that this scene is basically a big party, so it was a perfect party theme!


Unlike my other parties, this piece of artwork was my main inspiration for the party and is also where I got my color scheme for the party.

Source

I was extremely pregnant with our second child when we threw this birthday, so it was a simple one, but one of my very favorites! My daughter got spoiled with 3 different birthday celebrations, all revolving around this theme. First, we had the "friend" birthday party at our local rec center, where the kids could swim in the amazing pool that is inside and enjoy some cupcakes (our rec center only allows one food item to be brought in for parties and no balloons 😔👎).



via GIPHY

Also unlike my other parties, I was a little lazy and went with the "cheesy" store-bought decorations, but I think they looked super cute!



I got these Ariel decorations, purple and aqua table cloths, aqua napkins, coral cups, party horn favors and these party gift baggies.



via GIPHY




via GIPHY

I made these adorable mermaid tails and sea shell decorations using this silicone mold and white chocolate melts that I had dyed in mermaid colors.





via GIPHY

The cupcakes were the signature rainbow chip we have done every year, and the frosting was just a blue buttercream, decorated with fish sprinkles.



For her actual birthday, we surprised her in the morning with this Ariel Animator Doll from Disney, this cute peasant costume and doll costume for the animator doll, and balloons, along with her fav breakfast of a boiled egg, turkey bacon, strawberries, and I made "Mermaid Cinnamon Rolls"(aka- normal cinnamon rolls with mermaid sprinkles).


She and the doll got to dress up and we took her to the aquarium so she could REALLY be "Under the Sea".



via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY



via GIPHY


via GIPHY

She had a BLAST and afterwords we had a family dinner party at our house.


via GIPHY

I purchased this background, had blue and white streamers for the ocean, these mermaid balloons, and a big "4" balloon for decorations. We had homemade pizza star fish (not pictured- sadly 😔) and all of these yummy treats for dinner.


The birthday cake was homemade by me, and at the request of my little one was 3 layers of chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting that I dyed to look like the ocean, with some fun ocean-colored sprinkles. I added this adorable little Ariel doll and these fun twisty candles that reminded me of coral coming out of the ocean floor.


 We had "clam shell cookies" (aka vanilla waffers, with frosting, and chocolate pearls) and pink sugar cookies.



via GIPHY

We also had "seaweed spinach dip" (check my Sleeping Beauty Birthday" post for the AMAZING recipe) and bread.



via GIPHY

We had "ocean jello" (aka blue jello with cool whip, a little food coloring, and Swedish Fish on top), as well as some fresh fruit.


We had a veggie tray (pre-bought from Walmart) with a red pepper octopus in the middle of it.



via GIPHY

We had an awesome dinner, hit a seahorse pinata, and finally sang to the birthday girl.



via GIPHY

What a great night! Hope you all enjoyed!

Comments

Popular Posts